The General Convocation of the University of Jaffna will be held on 6 th October 2011 for the conferment of Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Degrees and Diplomas. Those who have passed the following Examinations after 7 th October 2010 are kindly requested to supplicate on or before 5 th September 2011 following the instructions.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Arts in Cultural Studies
- Master of Arts in Public Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education(Vavuniya)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science (General/Special)
- Bachelor of Arts (General/ Special)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music/ Dance/ Art & Design)
- Bachelor of Science(Applied Maths & Computing)(General/Special) (Vavuniya Campus)
- Bachelor of Science(Environmental Science) )(General/Special) (Vavuniya Campus)
- Bachelor of Business Management (General/Special) (Vavuniya Campus)
- Bachelor of Information & Communication Technology(General) (Vavuniya Campus)
- Bachelor of Science in Information & Communication Technology(Special) (Vavuniya Campus)
- Diploma in Science (2 Years)
- Diploma in Physical Education (2 Years)
Candidates who sat the following examinations have to apply after the confirmation of the results.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Master of Arts in Regional Planning
- Master of Arts in Population Development Studies
- Master of Arts in Development Studies
- Supplication Forms
A sample supplication form is given below. Candidates can either prepare the same in an A4 sheet or copy the same from the University of Jaffna web site www.jfn.ac.lk for supplication.
- Supplication Fee (Rs. 200.00)
- Certificate Fee (Rs.350.00 )
- Gown Fee ( Rs. 50.00)
Note: Following graduands need not pay supplication fee and Gown hire fee.
- Those who opt to get their degree In absentia
- Those who were conferred with Diplomas of one /two years
- Method of Payment
Payments should be made at any branch of the Peoples' Bank in favour of the University of Jaffna, Account No 162 100160000880 of the Peoples' Bank, Jaffna University Branch. (Please write your Name & Student Registration No. in the Bank slip).
Please note that the original copy of the payment receipt should be sent along with the Supplication Form whilst retaining a photocopy for candidate's record.
- Gowns & Guest Tickets
Graduands who supplicate to receive degree 'In Person' will be issued a gown and a Guest Ticket for the Convocation at the Academic Branch.
- Dues to the University
Certificates will not be issued to those who fail to discharge any Liabilities or dues to the University.
- Submission of Application Forms
Supplication Forms duly perfected with Payment Receipt should be either handed over or posted under registered cover to the following Addresses on or before 05.09.2010. Please write the course of study on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Graduands of the University of Jaffna , Thirunelvely
Assistant Registrar / Admissions Branch, University of Jaffna, Jaffna.
- Graduands of the Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna
Senior Assistant Registrar / Examination, Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna, Vavuniya
Closing date of Supplication:
Late supplication will not be entertained. For further details please contact Senior Assistant Registrar / Admissions at Telephone No. 021 2226714.