FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Senior Lecturer Grade I / Senior Lecturer Grade II/ Lecturer (Probationary) in Civil Engineering/Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS
Post Salary scale
Senior Lecturer Gr.I Rs.42,650 - 7x800 - 48,250/-p.m
Senior Lecturer Gr.II Rs.37,650- 11x700- 45,350/-p.m
Lecturer (Probationary) Rs.26,900 - 10x585 - 32,750/-p.m
In addition to the above salary, the following allowances will also be paid:
- Academic allowance – Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II – 64% of the basic salary Lecturer (Probationary) – 39.75% of the basic salary
- Special allowance -15% of the basic salary
- Cost of living allowance of Rs.5,850/-p.m
- Further 25% of the basic salary will be paid as Research allowance based on the research activity of the academic staff
- Sabbatical leave entitlement for the holder of the Post of Senior Lecturer Gr.II and above.
- Membership in Universities Provident Fund and Pension Scheme in the University system.
- Gratuity payments
- Employees' Trust Fund benefits.
- Free Medical Services.
Application forms and other details may be obtained from the office of the Senior Assistant Registrar / Academic Establishments, University of Jaffna, Sri-Lanka, either in person or by post, on a payment of Rs.100/- per application form. Those who wish to obtain application forms by post are requested to send a Money Order/Postal Order drawn in favour of the Bursar, University of Jaffna together with a self –addressed stamped envelope 23x10 c.m. in size.
Application forms and other details will also be available in the University website www.jfn.ac.lk . Those who wish to send the application forms downloaded from the University website should attach a Money Order/Postal Order for Rs.100/- to the application form drawn in favour of the Bursar, University of Jaffna.
Those who wish to apply for more than one post should apply in separate forms.
Applicants from the University System/Government Departments /Corporations and Statutory Board should channel their applications through the Head of respective Institutions. Illegible, incomplete and late applications will be rejected without intimation. Only short listed applicants will be called for an interview.