Vacancies – Technical Officer – ICT
UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA, SRI LANKA
This refers to our advertisement dated 17.09.2020 for the post of Technical Officer (ICT) Grade III.
The Scheme of Recruitment for the post of Technical Officer (ICT) Grade III has been amended as per the Commission Circular No: 21/2018(I) dated 16.10.2020 as follows. Other conditions will remain unchanged as in the above advertisement dated 17.09.2020.
Please note that applicants who have already applied as per external advertisement (17.09.2020) need not apply again.
- TECHNICAL OFFICER (ICT) GRADE III
- Should have passed in three (3) subjects at the G.C.E (A/L) examination in one sitting in any Stream
- Having obtained a certificate of proficiency not below than the N.V.Q Level 5 issued by a Technical/Vocational Training Institute accepted by the Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission or recognized Institution in the field of Information Communication and Multimedia Technology/Information and Communication Technology/ Information Technology or Equivalent.
Preference will be given for who have work experience in ICT
Salary Scale : U-MT 1(IIIA) – Rs.31, 625-7×300; 10×355-37,275 p.m.
Selection By : Written and/or practical test and an interview
Age : Not less than 18 years and not more than 45 years
Note : Age limit is not applicable for applicants in the Government departments/ State Corporation and statuary bodies.
- Allowances approved by the University Grants Commission.
- Membership in Universities Provident fund and Pension Scheme in the University Scheme.
- Gratuity payment.
- Employment Trust Fund.
- Free Medical Care.
Applications should be on specified forms issued by the University. Application form, University specified pay-in-voucher and particulars for the above post can be downloaded only from here.
Applicants should deposit Rs.100.00 at any branch of the People’s Bank in favour of “University of Jaffna” Account No. ”162-1-001-6-0000880”. Applications must accompany with the proof of payment of Rs.100.00 in the University specified pay-in-voucher and copies of relevant certificates.
The envelope containing the duly filled application form must bear Title of the Post on its top left hand corner and either hand delivered or sent under registered post to reach the Office of the Deputy Registrar/Non-Academic Establishments, University of Jaffna, P.O.Box 57, Thirunelvely, Jaffna on or before 06.12.2020.
Applicants from Government Departments, State Corporations and Statutory Bodies should apply through their Heads of respective Institutions. Advance copies of applications may be sent in the first instance. However, no such applicant will be considered for appointment if the application routed through the Head of Department is not received.
Incomplete and illegible applications and applications that are received after the closing date will be rejected without intimation.